Wednesday, January 21, 2009

A Sad Story....




So today was a scary day in the Compton household. I was on my way to work this morning when Gabe called and said that Deegan had fallen down the stairs. Apparently when I left for work I forgot to close the door to the stairs. Gabe normally double checks it but he forgot as well and Deegan rolled down the entire flight of stairs. In addition to that, we live in an old house and the stairs are extremely steep, wood, and there is concrete at the bottom. Needless to say it was not good. I ended up taking him to the Emergency room at Sacred Heart Hospital. This is the first time I have been in the hospital at Sacred Heart and I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised. The care we received was awesome. Anyway, they ended up doing a cat scan and everything came back normal. He does have a very swollen and bruised nose so they want us to take him to a ear, nose, and throat specialist next week to make sure he didn't damage any cartilage. I am very glad that everything turned out fine, but it made me realize how truly fragile life can be. I feel like a horrible mother. I know that this stuff happens, but these children depend on us to protect them. Unfortunately I failed today. Oh well, the good thing is that Deegan is fine and I will be able to learn from this experience. Here are some pictures of my poor little baby.

6 comments:

Hatch Family said...

So sad! Don't beat yourself up though! All us moms have our moments.

Tanya said...

Oh poor Deegan! Bumps and bruises will heal, luckily everything turned out ok. I can not imagine what we have to look forward to with these crazy boys that we have...I am sure this will not be your last trip to the ER.

Hilary said...

I'm so sorry, it is really scarry to have something happen to your little ones. I'm thankful that he is ok. You are great parents, don't be too hard on yourselves.

Kristi said...

Oh Dear! Im glad that he is ok, but just cause he fell down the stairs does not mean your a bad mom! LOL if that were the case ever mother and father in the world would be bad parents! I think it has to happen at least once in a kids life! But I am glad he is ok thats still not something you can plan for!!

Steph and Hunter said...

Oh, the boy guy. I am glad that he is ok! He is still so cute, even with his bruises!

Kambria said...

Oh I hope that he is ok! Poor little guy!