Sunday, September 27, 2009

A long overdue update








So a lot has gone on this summer, and I have been a real slacker with the blogging. Brody started pre-school last Monday and he absolutely loves it! He has been begging me for months about when he gets to go to school. The hard thing is that Airway Heights, where we live, doesn't have a lot of pre-school options so we actually have to drive about 25 minutes each way to the south hill in Spokane for preschool which is only 1hr 50min. The nice thing is that it is only $20 a month, but come winter time I am not sure what we are going to do. Anyway, he loves it and gets excited every day that he gets to go.
Yesterday I took my final test for my degree, and passed! I found out this morning and I have to say that there has been a HUGE weight lifted off my shoulders. I still have to complete my capstone project and portfolio, but they are nothing compared to these classes I have been dealing with. I am so excited to start working on craft projects, and just reading a book that I want to read instead of a blasted text book!
Over the summer we have done a lot of fun stuff. Over labor day we went to Great Falls, MT to visit Gabe's parents and we had a wonderful time. We did fishing, played outside, ate good food, but most of all just spent time with Family.
Last week my Mom, Sister, and two nieces came to visit. It we really had a lot of fun. We went to Riverside park and let the kids ride the carousel. Deegan was not a huge fan, but it was still a lot of fun. We also just walked around and let the kids play on the big red wagon. My mom also took us to Red Lobster where we got to eat all you can eat shrimp, and man was it good. The food was good and the service was good. Couldn't ask for anything more.
Today was a fast Sunday, and it was a wonderful day. It gave me a lot of time to think and reflect. I feel so blessed in my life right now. Gabe and I are better than we ever have been. We have always had a good strong relationship, but it has become stronger than I ever thought possible over the past few months. It really is true that trials make us stronger people. He is such an amazing man. Every time I look at him or talk to him I realize that I must be the luckiest woman in the world. I feel like I am married to my best friend and he truly makes me a better person.


2 comments:

Kristi said...

OH how fun... you have been busy!! Congrats on passing your TEST!!! Thats great... Yes now you can relax for a bit!! LOL Im excited to see you when you come!!!

Char and Chris said...

I can't believe how grown up Deegan is. What a cutie! I'm so glad that you guys all had fun. I only wish I could have joined you. I'm so proud of you and your school. I know it has been super challenging, but it has definitely paid off. It is something that you will never regret. You're amazing. Love you.