Sunday, September 7, 2008

Just a little update





Well, I hadn't posted anything for a little while so I decided to just give a little update on our family. Deegan just had his four month appointment on Friday, and I'm happy to say that we have a normal to upbove average size child. Since Brody was premature I wasn't sure how big Deegan would get. He was 14.6lbs (in the 50% range), 26in, (the 89% range), and his head size was in the 63% range. I was most excited about the head size not being off the charts. Brody's head is HUGE, just like his Daddy's, so I wasn't sure how big Deegans was going to be. Brody's head size was completely off the charts. The nurse did say that Deegan has a pretty big head as well, but oh well.
Life in the Compton household is going really well for us right now. We feel so blessed to be where we are. We can't wait until Gabe finishes school and has a full-time job, but we still can't complain with the cards that we have been delt. We are so blessed. I am so lucky to have such a wonderful husband, and two beautiful little boys. I never thought that I would be "baby hungry" but now that I have my own I totally understand. Having kids has taught me so much and I am grateful for that. I think I am finally truly learning what it means to be patient. Patience has always been my weakest character trait, but it is truly getting better.
Well, I just wanted to give a little update and here are some pictures of our family.

5 comments:

Tanya said...

So Brody looks so cute in his little suit! He looks so much like his dad. Deegan looks like his dad too but he does look more like you than Brody does. I love that pic in the laundry basket. I took one of Kade the other day in one. It is funny. Yay! For healthy babies. I am glad that the dr appt went well.

Tanya said...

ok so maybe he is not in a laundry basket...but it is still cute either way.

Steph and Hunter said...

Cute, cute, cute! I am glad that everyone is healthy and happy! Looks like all is well in Spokane so that is good to hear! I am totally with you on the patience thing, not my greatest talent either but I am glad yours is getting stronger. Maybe one day if we ever have kids, mine will improve too!!!

Kristi said...

Oh your boys are cute!! Im glad things are going well for you guys and your cute fam!!

The Moon's said...

hey girl, i totally didnt realize that you had a blog. So glad to have found it! I can't believe how big deegan is and so cute. He looks more like you! I am excited to continue to read about your family!