Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Where has summer gone?

Okay, so I have been a complete slacker about posting this summer. It's not like I haven't taken any pictures or anything, I just haven't sat down to blog about it. I will try to not make this too long. For the 4th of July we went to the parade in Coeur d'alene with our good friends Gary and Shawna. That night we let Brody stay up and we did and watched fireworks. It was awesome this year because we were able to sit on our deck and watch all of the fireworks that the city set off. Brody loved it. He kept asking if we could watch them the next night. In July we also cut Deegan's mullet. It has kind of been a joke between family and friends about Deegan's hair. It grew so thick in the back of his head and it took forever to grow anywhere else. Well, it finally got to be too ugly so we cut it off.
Brody has also been in swimming lessons for the past couple of weeks and he is doing awesome. In fact the after his first lesson they told me I needed to bump him up into the next class. I was so proud of my little boy. He is now learning the actual strokes and he knows how to swim by himself with the noodle under his arms. In fact, this last weekend we went to my friends pool and he was swimming by himself with the noodle and the floaties on his arms. I am so glad that he loves the water. I think it will take Deegan a little bit longer to actually enjoy it. He loves the bath, but the lake and the pool he doesn't like near as much. Truthfully I don't even want to take him on the boat anymore because he just cries.
A couple of weeks ago we went to Yakima to visit our friends Mason and Kim and we had a blast. Brody was in heaven because we got to ride bumper boats and he got to ride go karts with his daddy. Of course they were the fastest car so they were both so proud all day.
I'm sure I missed other things that we have been doing this summer, but I can't think of them right now. We have really enjoyed spending so much time with family and friends. I hope that the summer weather sticks around for a long time because I don't even want to think about what happens when it's over!
Now for the picture overload.........













2 comments:

Char and Chris said...

I CANNOT believe how much Deegan has changed in just the last few months. That is crazy. It sounds like you are making the most of your summer. That's great. I'm glad you're having fun. Check out our blog, we've got some new posts as well. Some pretty funny ones too. Love and miss you.

Steph and Hunter said...

I am wondering where my summer has gone too! It has been way to busy for me. Anyway, I am glad you finally posted. You have had some fun adventures it looks like. Love the mullet! That is too funny!