Sunday, August 26, 2012

Seriously, a whole year?

      I am officially the worst blogger ever! I can't believe it has been a whole year since my last post.  Oh well, better late than never right?  Well, the biggest change in our lives this past year was the birth of our beautiful little girl, McKinley Jo Compton.  She truly is my little angel.  She is such a wonderful and happy little girl.  In the beginning she didn't start out that way but man I'm glad that stage is over.  Here is a quick rundown of the birth story.
      Since I got the HELLP syndrome with Brody all my pregnancies are considered high risk.  I didn't have any issues with Deegan and luckily I didn't with this one either.  That being said I was seen a lot by my doctors.  Luckily I really like them so it was okay.  At my last doctor's visit I think Deegan was more sad than I was because he no longer got the giant suckers twice a week.  McKinley was due February 3rd and I had a c-section scheduled for January 27.  I had a feeling that she would come early but I really didn't want her to because I wanted to have my doctor do the c-section.  Well, I didn't get my wish.  On Sunday January 15 I was talking to some of the girls at church that I teach about women's water breaking.  I told them that it doesn't happen too often so I really wasn't worried about it.  Boy was I wrong.  The next morning at 5:00am my water broke.  Since I had never had this happen before I called the doctor to find out how quickly I needed to get to the hospital.  Luckily I didn't have to rush because I needed to find someone to watch my kids so that Gabe and I could go to the hospital.  A friend from church came to my rescue! Once she arrived we were off to the hospital.  As soon as we got there they started to get everything ready for the c-section.  Unfortunately, my doctor was out of town so the dr on call had to do it.  I'll be honest I really didn't like him but my baby made it here safely so that is all that matters.  We got to the hospital around 7:00 or so and she was here before 10:00am. 
      Overall everything went pretty well except I had a systemic and topical allergic reaction.  I always have a topical one but the systemic was something new.  I was put on steroids and benadryl around the clock.  It was awesome!  That being said the recovery went well but it did take a while.  I didn't really go anywhere besides the doctor for about 6 weeks.  We really do love this little girl to death and can't imagine our life without her.  Now prepare for picture overload!













3 comments:

Kristi said...

I have been waiting for this post! YAY!! She is a doll!! Congrats! Boo to the recovery not being so hot!

Char and Chris said...

So proud of you for blogging. I love that you took a picture of you pregnant. Something I have NEVER done and now regret because it's fun to look back and remember how miserable you were at that point. There are some darling pictures of sweet little McKinley. With all you went through, you definitely got an adorable little girl out of it who will ALWAYS be protected by her two big brothers.

Unknown said...

wow, another little one...and a girl as well! So awesome! I am so happy for your family! Are you guys still living in the same place you were when I visited you last before we moved to Oz? We have been looking at homes in that area for when we move back. So hopefully you guys will still be there!