Sunday, August 7, 2011

The Long Overdue Update

    Well, once again I am long overdue for an update.  I'd like to say because nothing has really happened, but that just isn't the case.  I guess I will start from April when our world was turned upside down.

   April turned out to be a very crazy month for us.  Gabe's grandpa died, his mom was in a car accident, and we moved to a new house in the middle of all of it.  I don't really want to go into a lot of details about the accident on the blog, but it was a very severe.  The first couple of weeks were a little rough, but she is doing really good now.  She still has a very long road ahead of her, but there has been miracle after miracle happen during her recovery.  It really has been such a testimony builder for me.  My mother-in-law has been so positive through all of this.  I have never once heard her complain about what has been going on.  She truly is an incredible person. 


     About 2 weeks after the car accident, we moved into our new house.  We didn't really move very far even though we moved into a different state.  We moved from Airway Heights, WA to Post Falls, ID.  Gabe was given the opportunity to transfer to Coeur d'alene so we jumped at the chance.  We put our house on the market, it sold within a week for over asking price.  It was definitely meant to be.  We looked at 2 houses, put in an offer on the 2nd and within 2 days we were in escrow.  Crazy but when it's meant to be you have to listen!  I miss some things from my old house, but we love our new ward, neighborhood, and the house. We truly are blessed.

    The latest adventure actually happened with Gabe.  He crashed while downhill mountain biking with a friend.  He ended up breaking his collarbone in two places.  Normally it takes 4-6 weeks to heal, but we are past 5 weeks and apparently it is not healing properly.  He meets with the orthopedic on Thursday, and hopefully we will know what is going on after that.  Apparently they think that there is some sort of shoulder damage. 
Just some of the lovely bruising

This is the day of the accident, he's a little drugged up
















3 comments:

Char and Chris said...

I can't believe you are actually blogging. A lot has happened in your life the last little while and it's worth documenting.

Rachel and Jason said...

Aleana! I had no idea all this was going on?! Prayers for your family. Sheesh. Hope things have calmed down a little.

Steph said...

You'd have to be drugged up to wear that cute Nightie!!! :)