Sunday, February 15, 2009

Doctors, Doctors, and more doctors

Okay so as I mentioned before my life has been extremely crazy lately. I feel like I live at the doctors office. Obviously we had to go to the hospital and then follow up visits for Deegan's accident, but in addition to that we have also gone for Brody. The first week of February I had to take Brody to Shriners Hospital. It wasn't anything serious, but over the past year he has had these speratic episodes where he will be walking and then all of a sudden just drop. Once this happens he will not put any pressure on it or even walk. It is really sad when it happens so we have been trying to figure out what is wrong. His pediatrician did x-rays of his legs and hips, and every blood test she though it could be. Luckily those all came back fine, but she referred us to Shriner's just to double check. I have to say that Shriner's Hospital is an absolutely wonderful children's hospital. I was very impressed with the friendliness but most of all the thorough care we received. The doctor there did another thorough examination and didn't see anything that may cause concern but he decided to do an x-ray of his back. I am glad he did. We discovered that Brody has a curve in his spine. The interesting thing is unlike scoliosis his back curves to the left not the right. In addition to the curve he also has what is called Kyphosis. Anyway, he is having an MRI done this Friday to make sure that everything is okay. The doctor isn't really concerned he just wants to be sure, which is something I can appreciate. The only sad/scary thing about the MRI is that Brody has to be fully sedated. I know he will be in excellent care at Sacred Heart, but it is always hard when it is your child. After all of this Brody also got his first ear infection last week. He is on medication for it, but we have to make sure it is under control or else he can't have the MRI done. Even though I am very sick of doctor's offices and hospitals, I feel very blessed and lucky that we have access to such wonderful health facilities. I am also grateful for Gabe's job and the wonderful insurance we have because of it. Sorry for the rambling and here are some more pictures.

Oh Brody....

You can kind of see Deegan's tooth in this one

2 comments:

Kristi said...

OH my crackers! You poor thing. I hope that all is well with Brody, and that Deegan gets all his teeth! Keep us posted on the MRI!!

Valynn said...

Sounds like you have had a bit of a stressful week...my goodness.

You will have to post pics of your house...I'm anxious to see it. I hear it is awesome with tons of room. Good for you guys!