So last night Gabe and I were up with Deegan all night. The past couple of weeks he has finally been sleeping through the night, but it ended last night. Initially Deegan went down at 7pm and then was up at midnight. I could not get him calmed down. It was so sad and frustrating all at the same time. Gabe and I tried everything but we didn't know what to do. At first we thought he was teething but then he kept tugging at his ear and we all know what that means. I was eventually able to get him to sleep for about 45min-1hour increments, but then I couldn't fall back asleep. I was pretty much up from 12:00am until 5:00am. I'm sure everyone that reads this is sick of my sob stories, but I hope to use my blog as a sort of journal so I am going to write about this anyway. I called the doctor's office first thing this morning and luckily they were able to get him in. Apparently he has double ear infections. I now understand why he was so upset last night. Hopefully now that we have him on antibiotics he will start feeling better. I don't really feel bad that I didn't get any sleep, I just wish that I knew how to help him. Anyway, hopefully the worst is over and he will get back to his happy self.
Monday, February 16, 2009
More doctors....
So last night Gabe and I were up with Deegan all night. The past couple of weeks he has finally been sleeping through the night, but it ended last night. Initially Deegan went down at 7pm and then was up at midnight. I could not get him calmed down. It was so sad and frustrating all at the same time. Gabe and I tried everything but we didn't know what to do. At first we thought he was teething but then he kept tugging at his ear and we all know what that means. I was eventually able to get him to sleep for about 45min-1hour increments, but then I couldn't fall back asleep. I was pretty much up from 12:00am until 5:00am. I'm sure everyone that reads this is sick of my sob stories, but I hope to use my blog as a sort of journal so I am going to write about this anyway. I called the doctor's office first thing this morning and luckily they were able to get him in. Apparently he has double ear infections. I now understand why he was so upset last night. Hopefully now that we have him on antibiotics he will start feeling better. I don't really feel bad that I didn't get any sleep, I just wish that I knew how to help him. Anyway, hopefully the worst is over and he will get back to his happy self.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Holy sick kids Batman! Doesn't that suck? I'm so sorry. After having two kids that have both had tubes in their ears, I totally understand your pain. All I can say is that it does get better eventually. They do grow out of it.
Oh my goodness! WOW you pooor thing and your poor kids!! You do what you need to to get them better and you can sob all you want its your blog, and I love hearing it anyways!!! LOVE YA hope things get better!
Hey!! So your kids are adorable! You have had some pretty good scares with them though! They are always doing that to you! haha well I now have a blog and am trying to learn so it is denimandtraci.blogspot.com so we can sorta keep in touch!!
Love ya tons!!
Oh no! How sad! Kade has had an ear infection this last week too. Sick kids are the worst! Hopefully you guys will get better soon! But I agree with Kristi...keeping blog sobbing til things get better. It will make you feel better :)
Oh Aleana, I just am getting caught up on people's blogs. I am so sorry for all your stresses the last month. It is amazing when you feel your prayers being answered though huh? You are a fantastic mother by the way!
Sorry to hear all of your sad stories about doctor's visits. I am sure it is so hard to watch your kids in pain but luckily they are in good hands! Keep us posted on the follow-ups. Good luck!
Post a Comment