First I want to say that I am thankful for modern day medicine. The day after we started Deegan on antibiotics for his ear infections he started feeling better. Thank goodness for that! He is pretty much back to normal now, hopefully the ear infections heal and stay away. So yesterday Brody had is MRI done at the Sacred Heart Hospital Pediatric Surgery Center. It is a great set up for kids. You walk and there are toys, wagons, cars, anything you could think of for them to play in. We had to be there at 7:30am so of course we were rushing to get out of the house and I forgot my camera. The only reason I wanted it was to document the event, but oh well. I was able to get two pictures with my cell phone when he was sleeping after word. Anyway, when we got there they took us to a room and put numbing cream on his arm so that the IV wouldn't hurt. Once that was done, she gave him a medication similar to valium to basically relax him. It only took about 10 minutes for that to kick in and then they put in the IV. He didn't even know they were putting it in. It was great because they have a lady there that her job is to specifically entertain the kids and keep them happy while they are there. She definitely did her job with Brody. After that they took us back to where the MRI was going to be done and the Doctor who would be sedating and monitoring Brody introduced himself and went over everything. Once that was done he gave Brody the medication and out he went. The MRI took a little over and hour because they were doing a full spine MRI. We won't know the results until after his appointment at Shriner's on wednesday. Once Brody was in recovery they let me go back and see him. He was completely zonked out. The nurse tried a bunch of stimulation and he just kept sleeping. Another nurse came over and took a cold & wet wash cloth to him and that finally got him to stir. He was so funny when he woke up. I wish I would have had my video camera. You know how some people are weird after they get their wisdom teeth pulled? Well he was at that level. They gave him a cup with a straw in it and he looks at me and says, "mom, why are there two straws in my cup." I asked him if he saw two and if he did to show me where it was. He reached out to the side of the cup and just kept grabbing. He was just funny. I kept calling Gabe laughing. We were in recovery for about an hour or so and then they sent us home. Once we got home he wanted to walk. I tried to explain to him that his legs were not working yet, but he was determined to walk, so I let him while I stood behind him to make sure he didn't fall. Of course, his legs gave out so I had to catch him. After that he kept asking "why aren't my legs working right?" All in all everything went great and I'm glad that he is fine. I am also grateful for the entertainment that it provided, but I hope we don't have to do it again. I love you Brodyn!


To keep Brody entertained we made Gabe a cake. This is what he looked like after licking the beaters.


Sleepy Brody
4 comments:
Holy Cow! I had no idea that you guys have been through all that stuff. I'm so glad that Brody and Deegan are okay. I guess we really need to catch up! Hope life settles down a bit for you. Take care
I'm glad everything went alright. So why weren't his legs working? haha
Aleana! I had no idea you had all of this going on! I feel so out of touch ever since we're not VT partners any more! I can totally relate...hospitals and tests are no fun, especially when it's family. Please, please, please let us know if we can do anything! You're in our prayers.
P.S. That deleted comment was mine. Oops!
Post a Comment