Okay, so as you know my husband loves motorcycles. Before I knew him he use to do a little bit of motor cross racing. Luckily he gave it up before I met him. Anyway, due to the nature of his love for motorcycles I have begun to love them as well, to an extent that is. Me, Gabe, and Jake decided that we wanted to go to the supercross race in Seattle so we called Gabe's parents to see if they would come stay with the boys. Thanks to them we were able to have a weekend away from children. This was the first time I have been away from Deegan over night. I had anxiety all day Friday before we left on Saturday. Once we left it was actually very nice. I never knew how calm a simply car trip could be until I wasn't worried about turning the dvd player player on, getting drinks and snacks, and most of all changing diapers. Anyway, Saturday April 18 the three of us got up and drove to Seattle. Thanks to good old priceline we were able to get a good price on a hotel downtown so we were only 1.2 miles away from Qwest field where the race took place. Since the race didn't start until 7:00pm we decided to take a walk downtown and to pikes place. It was fun visiting Seattle, but I would not want to live there. Obviously downtown is not how it is everywhere throughout the city, but I like by big small town here in Spokane. After walking around we got something to eat and then headed over to the race. Our seats were on the 4th row and I have to say that it was one of the funnest things I have ever done. We may turn it into a Compton family tradition. Here are some pictures from our trip and thanks again Amy and Mike for giving us such a wonderful weekend.

This is how close our seats were

Me and Gabe at the Race

Gabe and Jake at Pike's Place

Me and Gabe at Pikes Place

Are the tulips awesome?
2 comments:
I'm so glad you had a good time. I'm jealous. A weekend without kids? Only in my dreams.
OH my goodness I just went to Supercross in SLC and we are going to the finals in Vegas, we are 4th row in Vegas! Its sooo fun! When you come are you bringing your Hubby? If so we should all get together!! LOVE YA cant wait to see ya!
Post a Comment